Thursday 26 August 2010

.Meet TOMS.


My love affair with TOMS began about two years ago. I think I may have read about them on a blog somewhere and thought that they looked pretty cool. Then when I read about their One for One movement I thought they WERE pretty cool. It goes like this...with every pair of TOMS that you purchase, TOMS donates a pair of shoes to a child in need. Awesome, huh?


So, I've kept an eye on their online store over the last two years and they have always been on my wishlist. I have this funky friend, Laurelyn (she is 18 and such a spunk and makes me feel young!! Hi Laurie!) and a couple of months ago she started telling me about these cool shoes she wanted to buy...I cut her off mid-sentence and said, "they are TOMS right?" (I could just tell Laurie would be a TOMS-girl) and she excitedly replied, "yes! How did you know?!" I don't actually know how I knew, but it was freakishly weird and I knew it was a sign that TOMS would be purchased this season.


We ordered online together and saved a ton on postage. They arrived within a couple of weeks and are 10 times better than I expected. Extremely comfortable, perfect fit and I can see myself wearing them with just about everything I own. I will definitely be purchasing more in the future and have learned from this shopping experience that some styles/sizes sell out fast and lots of styles are limited release and once they are gone, they are gone. I was quite partial to a lime green pair they had in their Summer range, I missed out but will be keeping a lookout for them in the future as they bring out new designs each season.

I'm not one to spend a ton of money on shoes for my children, but seriously...how cute would a pair of Tiny TOMS be on my little Tommy???!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my toms. I have a green and vlue spotty pair (they were the only ones left in my size at the shop) they are so comfy!!! Your red ones rock

Anna said...

those do look comfy, I might have to hunt down a pair!

Alison said...

I pretty much wear TOMS exclusively, Toni! :) I have something like 6 or 7 pairs. Kina Grannis got me into them, and I've been wearing pretty much only Toms for nearly two years! They're THE BEST SHOES EVER. I'm wearing my black college rope soles right now! :)

I have the red canvas rope soles, black canvas rope soles, ash grey canvas, anchors, a white and orange pair, ummm. I can't even remember! BEST SHOES EVER.

You can dress them up or dress them down! I will totally get married in sparkly or white Toms :P

Devin Cullis calls them my Ellen Degeneres shoes, but, never mind about that! :P

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

I'm a TOM lover too. And have the new summer wedge on as I type!

They are so comfy...

The Jacks said...

Wow Toni, these look amazing and i am super keen to get a pair now!! Thanks for sharing :)

randi said...

TOMS are great! My daughter has two pair and I would love to get some too. I love their giveaway policy!

Nel Dekker said...

They sound just great Toni and I love their policy of giving!!
One question before I will try to order some. Is the inner sole totally flat or is there a slight arch support built in? I cannot really tell from the pictures....

Related Posts with Thumbnails