Sunday 21 June 2009

.Yesterday I sewed!.

Life is slowly finding the new "normal" - I thought it would be many weeks before I got the sewing machine out again, but yesteray all things seemed to come together nicely and I managed to finish the project I started on the day I went into labour with Tommy. A new pattern...for the boys this time! I've mastered putting it all together and now have to get onto writing it up. Hopefully it won't take too long, but I'm not promising anything!
Horray for the weekend, it is so nice having Jaron around to play with the older kids. We have borrowed a really cool bike trailer from a friend and Oscar and Lil sit in it while Jaron takes them for bike rides every weekend. We really need to be returning it soon, but I think it is definitley something that we will invest in for ourselves because the kids love it a lot, Jaron likes that his bike rides become more of a workout for him and I LOVE it that they are out getting some fresh air and a change of scenery while I can have the house to myself and get some much needed chores done!

The babe has been VERY kind to me the last few nights. Feeding at 8:30pm then going to sleep and not waking until 1:30am-2:30am. It is great having some child-free hours when Tommy goes to bed and then being able to get a few hours sleep before he wakes for the next feed. I'm hoping that the trend continues, but not holding my breath as I've learned by now to expect change at any time with babies!

I can't believe Tommy will be two weeks old tomorrow. Happening WAY too fast! It feels like he has been around for much longer (I guess he has been with us for 9 months, we just couldn't cuddle him!) Before he was born, I couldn't imagine our family with a third child, now he is here I can't imagine life without him. This is my favourite baby face...completely full up and drunk on Mum's milk after a big feed...
Remember how I said that we were blessed to have dinners provided for us ALL last week? This is Lil digging into a scrummy chocolate cupcake that was dessert one night - she was VERY impressed!

6 comments:

The Kings said...

Wow- sewing AND a blog post!! I'm impressed!!! Glad life is returning to a 'new normal' for you :) Looking forward to meeting Tommy on Sunday!

marnie said...

Awesome you had time for a bit of sewing! Love the contented pic of Tommy- he has changed a lot already in two weeks! Love to you all xx

sweet emmelie said...

Wow, Youre amazing and sounds like little Tommy is too. Yes I'm like that I can't even remember what it was like just having 2 children. look forward to seeing how it all turns out!

Sarah said...

So happy things are easing along nicely for you guys as you find your new groove. Bike trailers are definately worth the investment, we love ours!

~ fiona j harding ~ said...

Love Lil's face!!! Pure chocolate pleasure. Yummy!
Can't wait to see your new pattern. Bet it will look gorgeous.
xxx

Sam Millis said...

Congratulations on your new arrival! He is lovely. I wish you all the best and hope you are enjoying him. Regards, Sam Millis (Modern Retro Textiles).

Related Posts with Thumbnails