Sunday, 18 April 2010

.Sunday dresses.


I said I made two skirts for myself on Friday night...here is the second one.

Have you seen Riley Blake's Rainy Days & Mondays line? I saw it and then was smitten, imagining cute little Uptown Girl jackets for rainy winter days! So I ordered some (maybe more than some) and when it arrived I decided that Mum's can wear green umbrellas too so settled on a new skirt for myself :) I think its about time little girls start sharing the fun prints with grown ups!


When we were getting ready for church this morning I was feeling over Lil's current skirts and dresses so headed to the samples cupboard (yes, I have a whole cupboard full of Make It Perfect samples...thinking of opening an Etsy store and selling some of them off soon - would anyone be interested in purchasing?) and we chose this Party Girl Dress made from the Fab Frocks pattern.


She put it on and declared that I needed to take a photo of her...how could I resist??!


Gotta love a new dress and skirt!!

SUPPLIES:
Riley Blake, Rainy Days & Mondays, Retro Umbrellas in Green
Heather Bailey, Nicey Jane, Swing Toss in Pink
Heather Bailey, Pop Garden, Peonies in Rose
Heather Bailey, Bijoux, Tiled Primrose in Yellow

17 comments:

:: fiona harding :: said...

Ooooooohhhhhh, she looks so gorgeous. (....and so do you of course Tone!!!) xxx

Melissa said...

They look great, love the fabric! x

Karin (the mrs.) said...

She looks adorable. Very cute dress. And nice skirt!

Megs said...

They are gorgeous, and I would totally buy some if you were to release your sample stock! I love all your patterns!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic idea about making the coat in the umbrella pattern.
If you made one in an adult size, I would be veeeery interested!!
Lil, is quite the grown up little lady now.
Love Auntie Lorraine.
xxx

melandpeter said...

Hey Tone. LOVE the fabric for your skirt. I would VERY MUCH be interested in buying some already made up stuff as I have no sewing skills whatsoever! xxx

marnie said...

Oh Lil is soooo ADORABLE! She looks so cute! And I love your new skirt, really like the style...a new pattern? Looks great! xx

Anonymous said...

an etsy store sounds like a GREAT idea! Jacinta

Rebecca said...

THey look grat Toni - i was admiring htem both today and thinking that Lil looked so grown up!
Love the fabric choice also - of course a mummy can wear green umbrella print!

Sam Prebble said...

I love the umbrella material Toni!

Tanya said...

Very great fabric, I love those umbrellas.
Toni, I just put 'About a boy' and a link to your website on my page on www.mysewingcircle.com - I assume that's okay, let me know if it isn't.

Clares Place said...

I LOVE Riley Blake fabrics!!! Mum is sending me back a bunch :) These are great!!! I am loving you r deck too!

The Kings said...

yeah you show off - just whip up a skirt on a Friday night why don't you!!! :)
It did look really cute tonight though.

rachelmp said...

So cute Toni!

Makayla said...

Oh Lil is so cute! I love that skirt you are wearing, more than the other one.. And i would totally buy sample stock..

The Parsons Family said...

you are so cute tone... love those brollies

Kristen said...

You haven't mentioned if you are going to add this skirt as a new pattern??? Thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails