Thursday 22 July 2010

.my iphone pouch.

About a month ago I got an iphone. It is such a snazzy, convenient little thing, I love that it can perform like a little computer - meaning I can reply to emails wherever I am and don't have to sit at the big screen for so long.

The problem is, though, that I couldn't find a cover that I liked. I didn't want some plain old plasticy case for it and decided that I would have to make myself one. But you know what those thoughts are like...thinking about making one and actually getting around to doing it are two different matters! It meant that for the first 2 weeks of owning my phone I didn't take it anywhere with me...it sat on the kitchen bench 24/7 because I was scared of scratching it in my bag!!

My lovely friend, Janelle must have read my mind - a few days later we were emailing back and forth about a few things and she suggested that we do a little swap: a set of my Citrus pOp hairpins for a CUSTOM-MADE iphone pouch. I didn't waste any time agreeing :) And I definitely think I got the best part of the bargain - she even let me choose my own fabric!

And here it is...



It is absolutely perfect and now my iphone travels everywhere with me. Thanks Janelle!!

P.S. If you want to make an iphone pouch for yourself, Janelle shares the pattern in her new book, Pieces of Me.

P.P.S. Nah, my photography skills haven't improved dramatically all of a sudden - these photos were taken by Janelle :)

10 comments:

Sally said...

Gorgeous pouch - lucky you!

Paige said...

Beautiful. What a great trade for both of you!

Kate said...

How gorgeous is that! What a great swap. I bet she's loving her citrus pop hair pins too!

Kristy said...

That is really cute! I love trades.

Mrs. Sassy Crafter (Fabi) said...

Beautiful!

randi said...

oh my gosh! that pouch is simply perfect! i love it!

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute!! I want one too but I suck at sewing. Ha!

The Kings said...

oh so cool! I saw a cute one that Smiggle had yesterday - a little soft pouch in cool colours.

mommy Orkid Belle said...

That really is a gorgeous iPhone Pouch. How nice!

Anonymous said...

Love the pouch... but how do you hear it ring?? I have enough trouble hearing my iphone ring (They don't seem to ring very loudly) and mines only in a plain old plasticy case!!!!

Hanna

Related Posts with Thumbnails