Wednesday 22 September 2010

.Your Uptown Girl creations.

I haven't shared any photos of your Make It Perfect pattern creations for awhile...it still blows me away when I think about how all of this started. My local fabric store owner gave me the boost I needed to design my first few patterns and was my very first customer. She bought 5 of each of my first 3 patterns and at the time I remember thinking if that is all I ever sold, I would be totally happy!!!!

The whole reason I started designing patterns was to fund my hobby, and I can't believe it has turned into a business for me. I really feel so blessed that I can work and contribute to our family's income while still staying at home with my children and doing as much or as little as I have time for. I would be very ungrateful if I didn't thank you guys for supporting me in my business and for all of the lovely feedback I receive about my patterns.

Of course, one of the best things about it all is receiving photos of your finished garments. I love seeing your fabric choices and different twists you put on my designs. Here are some Uptown Girl photos that have been shared with me via the Make It Perfect Flickr group or your blogs...

source

another jacket

source
(made from a vinyl tablecloth - awesome!!)

Uptown girl

Uptown girl jacket

Casaco - frente / Rain coat - front
(made from laminated cotton with gorgeous quilted lining! see below...)

Pesponto / Quilted linning

Uptown Girl Jacket (reversible)

Maya - Uptown Girl Jacket 2

Uptown Girl Jacket on the twins

jacket
source


If you have photos of your Make It Perfect creations, I would love to see them! Feel free to add them to the Make It Perfect Flickr Group :)

7 comments:

pinksuedeshoe said...

Thanks for the feature! I am gearing up to make my second coat next month. Love this pattern!

Lynette said...

What a nice surprise. Love your blog and your patterns!

rachelmp said...

there's my little monkey! Oh those pics look so cute together and I can't wait to make Maya a school coat next near in the larger sizes

Lisa said...

Cool. My twins love wearing those jackets at the moment.

Amelia said...

They are all so gorgeous! I suppose that is the beauty of a fantastic pattern :)

willemijn said...

ahhh.... it was such a big surprise with a smile from right to left when i looked at my precious little girl in the uptown jacket!!!! Thank you for making my day!
And will be making a next one next year, just a size bigger!

gail said...

thanks for showing off my little jackets! and for making such a great pattern!

Related Posts with Thumbnails