Thursday 4 August 2011

.Another birthday.

In our house we have a birthday every 2 months, all year round (with Christmas falling on the bi-month that we don't have a birthday).  We didn't plan it like that, but I am glad that things turned out that way so that we have a nice distance of time between each special day.
Yesterday it was Lil's big day - number FOUR.
We have been counting down this special day for quite a few weeks now and all day long she had an excited smirk on her face and would quickly tell everyone, "it's my birthday today, I'm four."
We spent the morning at Pre-Kinder then back at home for a quick clean up and got things ready for her mini-party.  My kids loooove birthday parties, but I don't want to get into the habit of a full-blown party every year so have compromised by letting them have a few friends over for some snacks, a play and cake after school on their birthday.  Takes care of the birthday party pleas without a lot of fuss or effort from me!
I was all systems go for a ballerina cake - even made a cute little ballerina from one of my wooden dolls to pop on the top of the cake (inspired by this cute cake)...
...until this morning Lil decided that she actually wanted a love-heart cake.  Thanks for the advanced notice Lilsy!  Luckliy I remembered this cake I had recently pinned (Oh, Pinterest, how I love you!) and made up a heart-shaped stencil from some paper and sprinkled away.  If you decide to do this at home, I'm warning you that it is messy!  But a cool way to achieve a cheap and easy cake decoration.  I'll definitley be doing it again.
 
She was soooo excited when we were singing Happy Birthday to her - cute!  Lil is the unpredictable one in our house - happy one minute, melt-down the next.  When she is good, she is very, very good.  But when she is bad...you get the picture!  She makes us laugh all the time though and we love her to bits :)
 
Happy Birthday little one!

12 comments:

Aunt Spicy said...

What a Cutie, happy birthday Lil!

Little Munchkins said...

Happy belated birthday gorgeous Lil! 4 is a wonderful age to be.

Growing up, we had birthdays every month from May to September. I loved it! The cake you made looks yummy and looks great with the ribbon - I never thought to use the ribbon that way.

L!$@ said...

Happy Birthday Wilsy!! :D

Sarah Craig said...

Happy birthday, Lil!! It looks like she had a great time and her cake is gorgeous!!

The Bartons said...

Happy Birthday Willsy!!!!!!! Big number 4!!!! xxxx

Carolyn said...

Thanks for sharing your family fun with us, and lots of birthday wishes to the birthday girl. Looks like she had lots of fun.

Karen said...

Happy birthday Lil - hope she (and you ) had a great day Toni, the cake looks yum!

Stacey said...

Happy birthday to you and your little one, she is gorgeous!

Vienna and Ricky said...

Too cute!

As Lil gets older her big brown eyes and blonde hair get cuter, and I have to say there is a little something Bindi Irwin about her cuteness too. Love the cake wrap!

Carmel's Closet said...

I am so doing that cake! Happy Birthday to Miss 4! So sweet.
Carmel
x

The Jacks said...

happy birthday Lilsy!!! :) xxx

elethea said...

Good job on the cake Toni! Your cake decorating skills put mine(a trip to the Cheesecake shop :)) to shame.

Related Posts with Thumbnails