Wednesday 30 October 2013

.Baby sewing for a Summer hoilday.

 
Because a baby can't go on his first holiday without some new clothes, I crammed in some sewing before our recent trip to Sydney when I should have been packing, cleaning and getting organised! 
It was completely worth it though because Sydney was hot and we have had cold, cold, cold so Harvey doesn't really have any "summer" clothes and would have been wearing his singlet and napppy!
I used the same pattern for all three short-sleeved onesies. From the latest Summer 3/2013 edition of Ottobre. It is called "Baby Whale Raglan-Sleeved Bodysuit".
I knew that the neckline would be too tight without any alterations as it looked similar to the Kisuliini Raglan-Sleeve Bodysuit that I've made a few times already. But I didn't want to have a front or back placket as I liked the simple look of the bodysuit so instead I cut just around 1/8" off the entire neckline before adding the binding. It was just enough, easy enough to put on and off now while still fitting nicely around the neck.
So, Harvey's worn these three suits two times each! Unless things warm up here quickly, we probably won't be seeing them again! Ah well, the things a crazy sewing mother does...it was worth it for a few hot days!

7 comments:

Susie said...

These suits look fabulous. My kids lived in these in the summer. They were perfect for nap times too as I always liked their little shoulders covered. Cute fabrics too.

Renee // nearest the pin said...

Where do you source such gorgeous knit fabrics and ribbing Toni?

Anonymous said...

They are very cute! We used to put a thin long sleeved one underneath to layer it up if it was chilly. Could be worth a try.

KarenJ said...

These are so cute! So much nicer than store bought!

Jane from Lil Pip said...

He is so adorable and you are crazy making those just before going away. Could you use them as singlets now with some pants over the top?

gail said...

these are so perfectly adorable! i need that cloud knit!!

Helen said...

Awesome suits. Well done for getting them made. I must get myself some of the Hilco ribbing, the stripes look great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails