Monday 2 April 2007

Recipe Monday

So, I have decided that every Monday I am going to post a favourite recipe of mine just for something to do and because I love to cook!

This week's recipe has some history behind it...my late Grandmother (Marie Parsons) passed this recipe onto her daughter, my Mum, who has since passed it onto me. They are simple and basic, but sometimes thats just what you need - the kind of recipe that you can whip up in a minute and always have all of the ingredients to.


Raw Peanut Biscuits
4oz butter

1c sugar
1 egg
1t vanilla

2c SR flour
¾c raw peanuts

Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, continue beating until light and fluffy. Stir in flour and peanuts. Dough will be very firm. Roll m
ixture into balls and place on greased tray. Bake in moderate oven until golden on bottoms. Usually takes about 15 minutes in the oven.


I did half of my batch with peanuts and the other half with choc chips because I knew Jaron would like the choc chips and didn't think Oscar is quite ready to tackle whole raw peanuts yet!

ENJOY!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails