Friday 1 February 2008

.friday's makes.

My sister-in-law, Gemmah asked me AGES ago if I would make her some cushions for her...and I have finally gotten around to it! The same design as some I made for myself but in colours to suit her couch. So, there you go Gem - will bring them up next week!Last night I made myself a necklace to wear to the wedding. I found these cool beads and fell in love with them but thought they would be too overpowering in a single line, so knotted the fabric in places to separate them. The fabric "string" is left over from my skirt, I folded it in half and sewed up the edge to make a casing then turned it the right-way out (a huge pain to do!). There were some bits that my seam missed along the edge so its kinda coming apart and fraying a bit but I like it looking a bit rough.

5 comments:

Cas and Jared said...

Cool Necklace! The cushions are cool! can you give me the pattern, I would love to make some when we move out to match my curtains & stuff!
Cas xox

Sarah said...

The beads are beautiful! Great find and beautiful necklace.

Marnie said...

Love the necklace Tone- wont you look funky for the wedding in all your 'made it myself' stuff- xxx

Donna said...

Love the cushions too... so tell me. For a non sewer.. were the cushions that hard to make. hehe!!

Clare said...

You are so tallented

Related Posts with Thumbnails