Monday 8 February 2010

.Recipe Monday.

Ummmm....YUM!!!!!!!!!!

These brownies are so good. I had been dreaming about brownie with a yummy layer of caramel through them for quite awhile then came across this recipe, with different versions duplicated all over the internet. This is the one I followed. Since all of the websites were American, I wasn't really sure what was meant by "caramels" - jersey caramels, toffees, hard caramels - so I went with Werthers Originals Chewy Toffees (pictured below). They worked out great but a tad expensive since I had to use two packets. The end result tasted a lot like those cans of Nestle Caramel Top'N'Fill so I think I will try using that next time to save a bit of money and time at the stove.
Gooey Caramel Chocolate Brownie
1 packet chocolate cake mix
170g butter, melted
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 bags caramels
1/3 cup evaporated milk (extra)
1 cup chocolate chips

Combine cake mix, melted butter and 1/2 cup evaporated milk in a bowl. Mix well and spread half into a greased 9" x 13" slice tin. (Reserve other half of mix). Bake in moderate oven for 7 minutes.
Melt unwrapped caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk over medium heat, stirring constantly. When smooth, pour over brownie in slice tin.
Sprinkle over chocolate chips.
Dot remaining brownie mix over the top of the caramel/chocolate chips.
Return to oven for 12 minutes.
Cool before cutting.

5 comments:

Simone Triffitt said...

Oh man as soon as I feel like eating, i am so making this - will put back the 1.5kg i lost in 2 mins I reckon. ha ha.

Kylie's blog said...

Yum! I made this today - thanks for sharing Toni!

Kylie (via Lisa's blog)

The Bartons said...

yummmo tones!!!!!

Chocolate Cat said...

This is one of my favorite brownies. I got a version of this recipe out of a new idea or womans day. It uses the top n fill caramel for the middle. Mmmm may have to pull it out and make it tomorrow!!

Kylie said...

Yum - I am going to have to give these try - might make a good Easter function treat:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails