Monday 11 April 2011

.Things I'm Crushing...GREY.

We've been talking about a new house.  Part dreaming and part serious.  Since we designed/built our house, Jaron has started working from home and we don't really have a workspace for him so have had to convert part of the garage into a mini-office.  Its working okay, but isn't ideal.  We really love our home but need to start thinking about the future and grown up stuff.

I really wasn't into the designing process of our house.  Lucky for me, Jaron has good taste and I generally like what he does.  I was so busy with newborn Tommy and writing my book and didn't put a lot of effort into it.  This time around I am feeling really excited though and brimming with ideas.  And you know what I can't get out of my head?  GREY!  I am crazy about it...combined with white and a pop of GREEN of course ;) 

So over the weekend I typed "grey" and "gray" into the Pinterest and uh-oh!  Overload of inspirational images...LOOOOOVE it!  I'm seeing grey everywhere now - want to sew, quilt, knit, crochet, paint everything grey...take a look at what's inspiring me...

We laughed when we read that first image...everything we do tends to be bright and a bit crazy - definitley need to inject a bit of grey into our lives!  And TOMS - in stonewash grey...should I??
Love that green door on the white surround and a grey piano hiding on the wall - the pop of the white keys and sheet music is great!
I was all for a white bed but now I'm leaning towards grey with a pop of colour - probably green but that pink looks amazing too.  Love all of the ruffles and details on the textiles.
Gorgeous wallpaper in the middle and the kitchen is stunning, although I think I'd need to break up those top cupboards with white.
What about some grey to wear?  Beautiful dress (if my waist ever looks like that again!) and super cute swimmers...I need some grey boots for winter and on the look out for some grey nailpolish.
Sewing with grey fabric - need I say more?
Gorgeous pile of grey blankets...I'm obsesed with wooden cotton reels at the moment and superb grey crochet blanket!
Calm grey and green living room and modern bathroom - not sure that those green tones are right for me, but the look great in these pics.
Meet me for afternoon tea here?  Sipping iced chocolates through grey and white straws?

The best bunk beds ever!  Fantastic stripes....
What do you reckon?  Should we go with grey?  Find all of these pics and their sources on my Grey Pinterest board - loooots more pics to check out too!

12 comments:

Melisa Jane said...

I was just checking out your boards this morning and noticed the grey theme! Wondering what the deal was, but now I get it. LOVE IT by the way!

Alison said...

I LOVE grey too. A lot. A lot a lot. I've been wearing a lot of grey. Oh dear. It's just the best. Fantastic inspiration pictures. Dooo it.

Carli said...

YES you should!

Belinda said...

Wow, you have certainly opened my mind up to grey.... LOVE that grey swimming costume.

Unknown said...

We are about to Build a New Custom Home & Grey/Charcoal is one of our Colours...
Go For It!

Ange Moore said...

Sounds like you've just described my house! Grey textured walls, green render with neutral (brown white) ceiling and walls) - and it won some awards for best use of colour!! Check it out at http://www.cleverdesign.com.au/benjafield.html

'Joyce' said...

oh I don't mind a spot of grey. Love it with the small pop of lime or watermelon too.

Lisa said...

I totally love grey too. I love grey and blue and grey and yellow best of all. Great inspirational pics!

Charlotte said...

Love it all Toni! I too am a grey fan with white and green and yellow...well any colour really.
Our bed covers are white, with a grey quilt and grey and green cushions.
Do it! xx

Jackie @ Fred-and-Cissy said...

I love the grey crochet - it made me want to go out and start one straight away!

Dream House Trish said...

Love love love your images, Im also enjoying grey for a change!!

Anonymous said...

I see what you mean. So calming and serene. I didn't know grey could look pretty! Linda x

Related Posts with Thumbnails