Saturday 9 April 2011

.Niche buys.

Short and sweet tonight folks becuase I want to go to bed!
First of all - WOAH!  I can't believe how many comments/messages/emails I received from you all about becoming pattern testers.  Totally, insanely crazy!  Last time I sent out the call for testers I think I got around 40 applications - this time it has been over 160 and they are still rolling in.  I have been reading each of your applications and am filing them away...my intention was to reply to all of your emails, I hope you understand that I just don't have the time to do that so please accept this message as a big THANKYOU for your offer.  If I decide to use your pattern testing services in the future, I'll be in contact with you.  I really do wish I could give you all a go, but I think I'll be designing patterns until I'm 100 years old if I were to do that ;)
Secondly, I still need to report my Niche Market experience.  Last Friday night I headed out to Launceston with some girlfriends (we really need to take some pictures next time girls...too much to talk about and we always forget!)  Niche was great.  It was the first time I had been and I was very impressed.  Beautiful, cosy location and lots of stunning handmade treasures to purchase and admire.  The best thing about Niche is that 20% of all purchases go directly to St Giles to help disabled Tasmanian's and their families.  So instead of store owners paying to have a stall, they donate 20% of their sales to the charity - neat, huh?  The only thing I think they can do better is make it even bigger! 
After going, I definitley want to have a stall there to sell my Citrus pOp goodies...all of the spots for 2011 are filled, but I am on a waiting list and if I don't get in this time, will try for 2012.
It was fun to see my friend Clare and check out her gorgeous stall.  I made a couple of purchases...this pretty necklace from a lady with a really cute pregnant tummy ;)  I have lost her business card so can't even give you her name, but do remember that she doesn't sell online anywhere. (Edit...check the comments of this post for details on the maker - and thanks girls for sharing the source!)
I know that I could easily make a similar necklace myself, but that's the problem with being a maker and going to markets.  I spend the whole time wandering around thinking to myself, "I could make that...and that...and that" and go home without buying anything and I never end up making "that" for myself anyway!  I LOVE the green and the satin fabric gives it more of an elegant touch, plus the big bow at the back is super cute!
And I had to pay my friend, That Vintage a visit too.  I constantly wear the necklace and earrings that Sophie sent me for my review last month and thought I could do with another necklace.  I'm wishing I bought another pair of earrings or maybe a brooch aswell...next time!  It was fun to meet Sophie in real life too - we become "friends" with so many people online these days, its nice to actually see a face every now and then!
Okay, I've rambled...that definitley wasn't short - but it was sweet, right?!
We've got Oscar's first game of soccer tomorrow morning...yep, I'm now officially a soccer Mum.  Can't wait, training was really cute - the kids have no idea where to kick the ball or who they are supposed to be kicking it too!  Will be funny tomorrow! Night :)

10 comments:

Little Munchkins said...

I am a soccer mum too! It's fun watching all those kids training.

I love those necklaces too. I know what you mean when you see things that others make and you think, "I can make that too". It doesn't always happen does it?

the woodwards said...

i love the niche market and your buys......
but i love the blue sky in the background the best!!!! :(

Unknown said...

Bellissimo!

το χειρότεχνο said...

beautiful!!!!

Kristie said...

FUN! If you ever decide you wnat to make a fabric/bead necklace, I have a tutorial for one!

http://ocd-obsessivecraftingdisorder.blogspot.com/2010/09/fabric-necklace-tutorial.html

Melinda said...

What lovely necklaces, sounds like you had a great time! :)

The Clarks said...

Toni - my sister will be thrilled that you bought one of her necklaces and have showcased it on your blog. O-ni Designs is her business name.

Clares Place said...

Oh Toni I was thinking the same as you and so I bought things that I couldn't make easily but totally agree - I will probably NEVER make the ones I loved but didn't get thinking "I could make that!" :) I am sure Oscar will be great at soccer and the game will be entertaining ;p

Belinda said...

Oooh, yes! I love Fiona's necklaces from O-ni Designs! I have one, and have a couple put away for my sister-in-laws for their birthdays (they will be thrilled!).

It suits you beautifully too. :-)

Black Eyed Susie said...

Love the necklace choice. I almost bought a green one too but went with orange kimono silk in the end. Was nice to meet you. Hope you get a stall soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails