Thursday 16 June 2011

.My Big Downtown Boy + a few others.

Here's a Downtown Boy jacket I made using the new BIG version of the pattern.  It looks a little sloppy on Oscar as it is a bit big for him - he is 5 1/2 and this is a size 6. 
Unless you are planing on going with solids, finding suitable fabric for Downtown Boy can be tricky.  I really like the look this plaid fabric gives though.

Here's a bit of Downtown Boy inspiration from the Make It Perfect Flickr group - if you have taken photos of any thing you've made from a Make It Perfect pattern, feel free to add them to the group.  It's a great place to go for a bit of inspiration - especially when it comes to choosing fabric!
Etcetra147
Paris-Stella
Paris-Stella - Downtown Boy for a GIRL!
ssmith_au
paris-stella
3 Little ducks
SUPPLIES (for my Downtown Boy)
Make It Perfect, Downtown Boy pattern
Laura Gunn, Magnolia, Textured Plaid in Turquoise
Dark Brown Linen

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Those are some adorable children and jackets! Love em!

Jennifer said...

Can you imagine my excitement when I saw my little Harry boy come up on your blog post, and then I nearly died when all three of my Downtown Boy jackets came up. Thanks Toni for putting these on your blog, I am very chuffed. I have loved making these and plan to make many more in the future.

Susan said...

Thanks Toni for showing my Mr K in his Downtown Boy jacket (he's the one with the tongue!). He absolutely loves his jacket. One time he wore it out shopping and someone said, "I can tell that you really love your jacket". The hood is a real hit especially. I love the pattern too and see many more for my little boys, especially now you have upsized it. Susan

Stevens Family said...

I clicked on the link for the pattern but couldn't figure out where I could purchase the pattern. Love it! My little men need rain jackets and I can't find any for a decent price.

Carina said...

I love the jacket you made, and love the fabric you chose too! :)

(and yes, totally inspiring are those other jackets pictures :P)

Anonymous said...

Like some of the other comments, I was thrilled to see my little man (in the final photo from 3 Little Ducks) in your blog! The jacket was so great to make, and I would always get comments whenever he wore it! Love all the other jackets featured too! Karen

Related Posts with Thumbnails