Wednesday 20 July 2011

.From Rob Ryan.

I was shopping with the kids a few weeks ago during school holidays when I spotted an enchanting ceramic vase in our travels.  I have been on the look out for unique items to decorate our home with...there are a few bare spots that I still need to fill but I want it to happen naturally, as I see bits and pieces that call out to me and slowly build a collection of beautiful things.

The vase...I fell in love.  It is big, a little quirky and features the artwork of Rob Ryan - an extremely talented paper cutter and print maker.  As much as I wanted to buy the vase then and there, it was a little pricey and I REALLY wanted it to come in red or green as I didn't think that blue really went with anything in our house.  So I ummed and aahed and decided to leave it for now.

After we got home I searched online for the vase and found it on sale at Lark (sale has finished now).  I couldn't help myself and popped it into my virtual shopping cart and made the purchase :)  

It has been sitting in our lounge room for a few days and makes me smile every time I look at it.  Sometimes a girl's just gotta have a little splurge!
 If you are not familiar with Rob Ryan, check out his website and some of his paper cuts below...most of these can be purchased on his Etsy store.
 

3 comments:

FoodMuster said...

Wow! What a gorgeous vase:) Thanks for sharing this as I would not have known about this artist otherwise, I love finding out about new crafty stuff:)

Neets said...

That's so weird. My SIL gave us four Rob Ryan plates for our 40th birthday last month. And my best friend has just bought a skirt kit that features his designed from Clothkits. I'd never heard of him before. Am loving this vase - too beautiful. Oh and don't we heart Lark

Crafty Mama said...

Love these!

Related Posts with Thumbnails