Wednesday 11 July 2012

.Jimmy Jams.

New jimmy jams for the smallest two.
 
 

Modeled straight out of bed, with crazy hair (that I have to tame every day!) and a full nappy!! No hair, clothing or makeup department around here :)

And this little vegemite decided that the aim of the game was to hide his face from the camera.  He was totally successful - great job Tommy!  I'm just happy to get a photo or two for the blog!


The jammies are extremely comfortable.  I had a whole heap of that pink floral interlock in my stash that I wanted to get rid of, and to be honest, I'm not a fan of the quality of the Michael Miller knits.  They wash and wear really well but stretch out of shape like crazy so the only thing I wanted to make with it was PJs.  And while I was making one pair, I had enough pink floral left over for Lil's cousin and then pulled out the grey interlock (from Crafty Mamas but all sold out now I think) for Tommy too.  

I used my Basic Tees pattern for the tops and the Long Johns pattern from Growing Up Sew Liberated (cool book actually, I didn't think I would like it as much as I do).
People often ask me how I get so much sewing done - one answer is the success of the production line!  You can sew much faster if you are doing the same thing over again.  It gets a little monotonous but you definitley chug through the workload a lot faster.
And that, my friends, is the end of the Winter pyjama sewing for 2012.  Bring on Summer!  I'm so over the cold!!

SUPPLIES:
Make It Perfect, Basic Tees pattern
Pink floral interlock by Patty Young for Michael Miller
Light pink interlock
Grey interlock
Hilco Campan striped knit in orange/yellow

3 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

Gorgeous kids and gorgeous jim-jams!

sweet emmelie said...

gorgeous photo's. i love the rough and tumble look!

Simone Triffitt said...

So true!! I can make your discovery bag without looking at the instructions now - doesn't mean I am any better at sewing tho!! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails