Wednesday, 11 July 2012

.Jimmy Jams.

New jimmy jams for the smallest two.

Modeled straight out of bed, with crazy hair (that I have to tame every day!) and a full nappy!! No hair, clothing or makeup department around here :)

And this little vegemite decided that the aim of the game was to hide his face from the camera.  He was totally successful - great job Tommy!  I'm just happy to get a photo or two for the blog!

The jammies are extremely comfortable.  I had a whole heap of that pink floral interlock in my stash that I wanted to get rid of, and to be honest, I'm not a fan of the quality of the Michael Miller knits.  They wash and wear really well but stretch out of shape like crazy so the only thing I wanted to make with it was PJs.  And while I was making one pair, I had enough pink floral left over for Lil's cousin and then pulled out the grey interlock (from Crafty Mamas but all sold out now I think) for Tommy too.  

I used my Basic Tees pattern for the tops and the Long Johns pattern from Growing Up Sew Liberated (cool book actually, I didn't think I would like it as much as I do).
People often ask me how I get so much sewing done - one answer is the success of the production line!  You can sew much faster if you are doing the same thing over again.  It gets a little monotonous but you definitley chug through the workload a lot faster.
And that, my friends, is the end of the Winter pyjama sewing for 2012.  Bring on Summer!  I'm so over the cold!!

Make It Perfect, Basic Tees pattern
Pink floral interlock by Patty Young for Michael Miller
Light pink interlock
Grey interlock
Hilco Campan striped knit in orange/yellow


Crafty Mama said...

Gorgeous kids and gorgeous jim-jams!

sweet emmelie said...

gorgeous photo's. i love the rough and tumble look!

Simone Triffitt said...

So true!! I can make your discovery bag without looking at the instructions now - doesn't mean I am any better at sewing tho!! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails