Friday 27 July 2012

.New Winter Sprout.

A couple of weeks ago Lil wore her Sprout dress to church - it had been hiding in the ironing basket for awhile and was VERY snug.  I made her wear it one last time though (because I wasn't wasting that ironing time on nothing!) and promised her I would make a new one ASAP.
And here it is!  Cutest thing ever? I think so :) 

I made this one a size too big so that we can  be guaranteed wearing for all of next Winter.  And I cut into my new Erin McMorris fabric.  Her designs are awesome and always call out to me - I'm calling this one the flower child dress...as I was sewing it I was worried it would be a little too hippy-looking, but am happy with it now that it is finished.
I really wanted to line the dress in some grey flannelette, but couldn't find any quickly so instead I cut the sleeves and hood out of some Amy Butler flannelette I had in my stash and bough some plain white flannelette from Spotlight for the rest of the dress. 

Cute = tick!
Warm = tick!
Happy = tick!
SUPPLIES:
Make It Perfect, Sprout pattern
Erin McMorris, La Dee Da, Pixie Flowers in Aqua
Amy Butler, Love, Sunspots in Mint (flannel)

4 comments:

gingersnap said...

The dress is adorable, but I think Lil is the cutest thing ever! She looks so happy:)

WandaFish said...

Just perfect!
What a great tip for sparing use of designer flannels if not making the dress fully reversible, thanks!

Cindy said...

Such a sweet Sprout! The dress is adorable on her.:)

Nell said...

Oh so cute - reminds me that I still have that pattern in both sizes for the dresses I was intending to make for my girls LAST winter (sigh) Might have to aim to get them done this month!

Related Posts with Thumbnails