Welcome to the next installment of sewing for baby boy! This is bound to become a series, I'm so addicted! I've even had a little look through the baby clothes in some shops recently and walked away with my nose turned up...I can do better than that, I think! It may all come tumbling down when I actually have a baby to try these clothes on only to find that they fit horribly or are a nightmare to get on or off - hopefully not because I'm having fun!
A lot of work went into this one, I don't think I'll be sewing too many more. The whole thing is fully lined, it's nice, but not necessary I don't think. Next time I think I'll try it without the lining. The suit is extra thick and will be warmer, but I don't think it's really necessary from the outside (it looks good from the inside though!) as he will be wearing a singlet underneath and no doubt, be swaddled up in a blanket if we are out and about.
And there was HEAPS of binding to attach, I don't mind it too much but it was pretty time consuming to get it all cut and sewed on. I love the contrasting trim it gives though.
The fabrics are both from Crafty Mamas - tractors are a European knit, the grey is a plain Stella.
And look - this time I got the placket centered properly!
I left off the fold-over cuffs on these pants because I didn't have enough ribbing and really wanted to use this stripe.
And that's it for today! Don't despair - there's plenty more to come :)