Wednesday 6 August 2014

.Introducing SKIPPY!

I've got lots of new patterns popping up on the blog this week. A freebie shorts pattern and TWO new pattern releases! I'm excited to share the first one with you today because this is my very favourite dress to wear - lets take a look at:
The Skippy dress is a fabulously flattering and extremely comfortable everyday dress designed to be made with your favourite stretchy knit fabric. 
 
Pretty, gathered sleeves in a choice of three lengths, a strategically placed pouch pocket, optional cowl neck and a feminine, swingy skirt make it almost irresistable!
The waistband can be worn low on your hips or high on your waist, depending on how fitted you would like the top of your dress to be.
 
Make your Skippy dress in a solid colour for a classic look, or mix and match prints and patterns for a more modern feel. 
When you want to feel fabulous with minimal effort, just reach for your Skippy Dress. Its so soft and comfortable, you'll forget just how great you look!   
I know I say this a lot, but this is my absolute favourite dress pattern. I've made myself quite a few (can't wait to share them with you very soon) and they are are on high rotation in my wardrobe. I love how comfortable it is to wear a knit dress. Because we are in the middle of Winter, I've mostly been wearing mine with leggings and boots but am looking forward to wearing Skippy as an easy Summery dress too when the weather warms up.
Skippy is all about options...I've included in the pattern three different sleeve lengths, as well as an optional cowl neck. This pattern is so versatile, once you start playing around mixing and matching fabrics and sewing different options you are faced with unlimited possibilities! I don't want to bombard you with photos of all of the options today but stay tuned, I'll be sure to share them with you over the next week.
Can we just stop and talk about this stunning model of mine for a minute? Louise is my cousin's wife and a good friend of mine and I was so excited when she agreed to model this dress for me. She is the mother of four little boys under 7 years of age, she is the most gorgeous person you could ever meet and her personality is just as beautiful as her flawless exterior :)

If you're feeling adventurous, why not take the Skippy pattern and use it to make a stretchy top or skirt? I haven't tried this myself yet, but a few of my pattern testers have so I'll work on a tutorial for that very soon!

To purchase a copy of Skippy, head over to my website or click here. For the next week, Skippy will be avaliable at a discounted price of just $10! (Sale ends on Wednesday 13th August.) Or if you prefer paper patterns, visit one of my lovely stockists to order a copy.

I hope you love Skippy as much as I do! And come back tomorrow for the next pattern release!
 SUPPLIES:
Make It Perfect, Skippy pattern
European organic cotton jersey in dark smoke blue 

2 comments:

Marnie said...

Hold on a minute.....she has FOUR kids under 7? WOW

Anonymous said...

The perfect model, our lovely Louise,
I must say as well, I think you always look gorgeous in your dresses, tights and boots, instead of wearing trackies and long trousers.
I feel,inspired next winter, to have a huge change in what I wear for the winter.
Love Auntie Lorraine.
xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails