Thursday 7 August 2014

.Hello JOEY! {A new girl's dress pattern}.

Welcome back for the release of my second pattern! After designing Skippy I knew that this style of dress would be perfect for little girls too. I made a few trial versions for Lil and was so happy with them that I got to work on creating the girl's version of this dress...
A mini version of the Make It Perfect women's Skippy dress, Joey is a pretty, everyday dress for little girls made with your favourite stretchy knit fabric.
 
There's plenty to smile about with its pretty gathered sleeves in a choice of three lengths, an optional cowl neck and a swingy skirt.
Joey has a great, everyday shape featuring handy kangaroo-style pouch pockets. 
Make it in a solid colour or mix and match prints and patterns for endless different looks.
 
Easy to put on, comfortable to wear and perfect for play. Joey is a dress for all tree-climbing, puddle-jumping and bike-riding adventures! 
Seriously...this dress on little girls is the cutest thing ever! My testers have made up some awesome dresses, each of them with unique fabric mixing and matching - I'll share them soon! I love how Joey suits all ages too, from tiny 1 year olds all the way up to a size 10, it is such an adaptable pattern. And with three different sleeve lengths and an optional cowl neck, you can make a dress to suit any weather and any occasion!
When it came to naming both the Skippy and Joey dresses, I really struggled for awhile. My Mum and sisters were brainstorming with me one afternoon and I suggested that maybe the name should refer to the influence of the kangaroo-style pouch pocket and we (okay, Mum!) remembered watching Skippy the Bush Kangaroo on TV as a little girl and I was sold! I love the iconic Aussie reference, being an Aussie pattern designer and all.
I stole my cute niece Michaela one afternoon when she was visiting us from Sydney last month to be my model. (Much to Lil's disgust...maybe she wont complain when I ask her for a photo now!) Michaela  was a trooper - it was really cold and she kept smiling and playing in between her chattering teeth!
I can't wait to show you more variations of the Joey dress, knit fabrics are becoming more and more popular and we are lucky to have a growing amount of great quality fabrics to choose from now. And for those of you scared of sewing with knits...I'm going to be posting some detailed information about sewing with knits using only your sewing machine very soon. You don't need anything fancy and once you've got the hang of it, I promise there will be no stopping you!
 
Joey comes in two size ranges (0-5 and 6-10) and you can purchase a PDF copy here. For the next week, Joey will be on sale at a discounted introductory price of just $10! (Sale ends Thursday 14th July.)
Paper copies of Joey will be arriving in stores very soon. Check out my stockists to order if you prefer a paper pattern.
I've been sewing a mountain of Skippy and Joey dresses so will be sure to flood the blog with them over the next little while and show you lots and lots of different options! 
SUPPLIES:
Make It Perfect, Joey pattern
Lillestoff organic cotton jersey in petrol

2 comments:

Susie said...

A beautiful dress. I had one like this when I was younger with the 'dropped waist' and lived it so much. Seeing this brought back those wonderful feelings of elation just looking at it or wearing it. If inky I could sew some thing other than a straight line.....

Lauren said...

I adore this!!! Will be purchasing soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails