Tuesday 19 August 2014

.Skippy with a cowl neck.

Sorry for the overload of Skippy and Joey posts, but they each have a lot of variations and it is my job to show them all to you - we are slowly getting there!
I know I play favourites a lot when it comes to me-made clothing, but this new Skippy dress tops the lot for my Winter wearing.
I only made it two weeks ago but I have to have a quick think as I go to get it out of my cupboard each time to make sure I haven't worn it too many times in a row...don't want to get a reputation as the girl who wears the same outfit over and over again!
So this variation of Skippy features long sleeves and a cosy cowl neck. The method used to sew this cowl neck onto the dress results in a twisted, drapey look. I wanted to make sure that it didn't end up looking like a skivvy and this method gives a more sophisticated finish. Of course, if you wanted it to look more like a skivvy, you could always attach the cowl in the same way that all of the cuffs and bands in the dress are attached.
The fabric for this dress is really lovely. A nice mid-weight jersey with loads of stretch that my friend bought for me from The Fabric Store in Sydney. I love it and am glad that I choose it for this cold-season Skippy dress.
These photos were taken when I went away for a girl's weekend with my Mum, sisters and sisters-in-law. We stayed at Low Head in these cute Pilot Station cottages and had such a lovely getaway - free from all home responsibilities. We went on slow walks, lounged around, laughed so much our tummys hurt, ate way too many treats, went out for a fancy dinner, took fun photos at the lighthouse and even played some funny games of sardines in the dark and reverse charades! It was a great weekend spent with special ladies at the most beautiful place.





And incase you were wondering...you can do awesome cartwheels in the Skippy dress!

2 comments:

DreiPunkteWerk said...

You are great!
Liebe Grüße,
Kathrin :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this in grey stripes! And with the cowl. Can't wait to make one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails