Tuesday 28 October 2014

.Hudson Pants.

Last week I made myself a pair of Hudson Pants. This pattern has been on my "to sew" list since it was released, and I'm glad I hadn't bought it yet because it is a part of the Perfect Pattern Parcel #6 so I managed to get this pattern + 5 other awesome women's patterns in one!
(I think I was singing a song with Harvey in the pic above!) 

When I pulled out the pattern, I had a few moments of fabric indecisiveness...I had some light grey sweater knit or some dark grey velour or my (big) stash of jerseys to choose from. I was leaning towards the sweater knit or velour as the Hudson Pant pattern is for a pair of "dressier" trackies (if there is such a thing?!) but we are heading into Summer and I wanted something that I would be able to wear as the weather warms up and those fabrics would be too hot. Then I remembered this pair of pants I saw at the shops a few days before...when I saw them I made a mental note to try and construct a pair myself because they looked really easy to make and I knew I could totally kill that $60 price mark!
And this variation of the Hudson Pant was created! I decided to take the original pattern and change the bottom of the legs to give the pants more of a harem-feel. To do this, I simply straightened the legs instead of tapering them in at the bottom and then added 5" to the length as I wasn't adding a cuff to the leg hem. To hem the pants, I turned up a casing and inserted the same wide elastic as in the waistband.
I LOVE how they turned out and have been wearing them heaps! When the harem pant trend first started, I didn't buy it at all. But seriously...now I get it! Who doesn't want to be able to wear a pair of pants as comfy as pyjamas out and about??! I can't wait to make some more, and want to try out the original cuffed hem too.
This fabric is a ikat print cotton jersey from Ixat (not avaliable now.) I thought I might have been too flimsy for the pants, but it is actually perfect. Perhaps if I had stuck to the original cuffed pattern it might have felt a bit too much like leggings though?
If you are looking for a comfortable pair of pants you can wear practically anywhere - then give the Hudson Pant a go, it is awesome. I couldn't fault anything in the pattern...the fit is spot-on, the instructions are just right. The perfect amount of instructions and nothing was confusing or hard to understand at all.
To get this and these FIVE other amazing women's patterns at a great price AND support a charity at the same time, visit Perfect Pattern Parcel...it won't be around forever, you've only got 4 more days to take advantage of this great offer.

Parcel #6 includes:
Syrah Skirt by Lauren Dahl (exclusive release!)
Bronte Top by Jennifer Lauren
Julia Cardigan by Mouse House Creations
Hudson Pant by True Bias
Zsalya Dress by Kate and Rose

BONUS PATTERN: Odette Dress by Bluegingerdoll

Pattern Parcel #6: Choose your own price and support DonorsChoose. Win/win!
Bonus Pattern:
Choose a price of $32 or greater for Parcel #6 and you will automatically also be sent the Bonus Pattern! That's only $5 a pattern. The Bonus Pattern for this Parcel is the Odette Dress by Bluegingerdoll. Vintage inspired silhouette is had two flattering necklines and a gorgeous skirt.  The Odette Dress pattern goes from a size 4 through a 24!

How Pattern Parcel Works:
Here at Perfect Pattern Parcel, we believe in supporting independent pattern designers. It’s our opinion that indie patterns are just, well, better than big box patterns, and we’re pretty sure our customers think so too. So, we allow customers to show their support in naming their own price for each Parcel.  We also encourage customers to allocate part of their Parcel price to the charity Donorschoose.org in order to help classrooms in need. Pattern Parcel donates all profits after expenses from Parcel sales to the charity as well. Together we've raised over $12,000 for classrooms in need!

3 comments:

Sara C. said...

Wow! Those are super fun! I avoided using a print, but I love the how you used the pants in the store for inspiration. They look amazing, and I'm sure people will be asking where you found them!

Trine (groovy baby) said...

Gorgeous!!! Love your fabric choice

Hakkinda Bilgi said...

Thanks for this nice and sympathetic blog... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails