Monday 17 March 2008

.Recipe Monday.

When I'm not utilising help from my bread maker to make pizza dough, this is the way I make it from scratch by hand...

Easy Pizza Dough
7g sachet dry yeast
1 tsp caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups plain flour
2 Tbs olive oil

Combine 3/4 cup warm water, yeast, sugar and salt in a jug. Whisk with a fork to dissolve. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface.
Sift flour into a bowl. Add yeast mixture and oil. Mix to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes or until elastic. Place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Stand in a warm place for 25-30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
Use your fist to punch dough down. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth.

1 comments:

Cullis Family said...

I used this recipe last night and it was so easy!!! I impressed myself. Thanks heaps Tone.

Related Posts with Thumbnails