Monday 4 May 2009

.ripe.

So, I'll be the first to admit that this pregnancy has lacked the excitement, anticipation and waiting that the other two held. Not that we don't want this baby, nothing like that, its just that time seems to have flown by extremely fast this time. We haven't really had a chance to sit down and talk or think about what a third child is going to do to our family mix. It seems like only a few weeks ago that I was starting to pull out my maternity clothes and, now it is only 4 weeks until our little one is going to make his or her appearance.

Finally though, I can say that I have started to feel a twinge of excitement about having a newborn baby in our home again. I'm at the stage now where I would rather have a baby than be pregnant. I get clucky when I see a little baby. I can't wait to have another little one to snuggle into, rock and pat again. I'm looking forward to seeing how Oscar and Lil react to their little brother or sister.

Our family doctor is an old, old man - like in his 70s at least. He is the most lovely, gentleman though and is really on the ball when it comes to medicine. I remember taking Lil into him when she was 5 or 6 months old and as I started to tell him what was troubling her, he looked at me said "shh" and proceeded to have a full-on conversation with Lil in this weird snake-hissing language. It was the weirdest thing, but she totally focused on him and was goo-ing and gaa-ing back at him and after they went on like that for a few minutes he told me what she had said to him, diagnosed her and we were off on our merry way! I saw him a few days ago and he asked if I was having any braxton hicks contractions yet (which I am) and he said "well that's lovely dear. Yes, yes, you are getting nice and ripe."

Ripe. Just how I am feeling at the moment. The list of things to do before the baby is born is getting added to just as quickly as I am crossing things off. The house is starting to appear dirty and I feel like I need to spend a day scrubbing everything so that I don't have to worry about it for a few weeks after the baby comes along. I am knocking the kids in the head with my big belly as I turn around. My body is aching, I'm moody and forgetful. All sure signs that this pregnancy is drawing to an end.

We're off to do the groceries now.

8 comments:

The Kings said...

Tone you look SO great. I wish I looked as good as you when you are pregnant. Your tummy is so compact. Can't wait to meet your new little one.

Nettie's Blog said...

Toni you are gorgeous...pregnancy suits you...Lil looks so happy and cute in that pic...roll on four weeks ...but if you are wanting to scrub and clean it may just not be that long!!!!!!!

PS...those two brothers of your are spunks...what are those women thinking (maybe that is all they are doing ..they should be acting)...they should be snavelled up by now...LOL

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

How lovely! Enjoy your last few weeks of ripening up xox

Lima Bean said...

I love this post. I feel just the same way, so much rather have the baby than be pregnant. Although, for me the time has not gone very fast :-)

Can't wait to see the new little one.

Carli said...

moody and forgetful - that's me all the time!

Hannah Challis said...

Oh wow - 4 weeks! Not long at all! Enjoy this special time. x

Chelsea Parsons said...

I am so forgetful! 4 pregnancies has done that to me! But yes, you are beautifully ripe and you need LOTS of photos to remember it! So take more!!! May the next 4 weeks (and hopefully only 3) go wonderfully!

Aimee said...

i hope you don't go over-ripe... come on baby, i say! meg and eli both got the spsh,sss, shsps sps talking to from Dr yesterday. what a crack up. he's awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails