Tuesday, 3 November 2009

.yummy scrummy double gauze.


I know some of you are probably thinking...this used to be a sewing blog, what happened?

Rest assured, I am still sewing. Alot actually! The problem is that most of the sewing I have been doing is for the big project I have coming up. Fun for me and my pattern testers (well, I hope it is fun for my pattern testers!) but not so much fun for you if you are here looking for sewing stories!!

I have been having a play around with some double gauze fabric though. Have you sewn with this before? I've got a bit in my stash (which is getting a bit out of control actually, stash doesn't seem like an appropriate word for it anymore!) but have just been looking at it! I actually cut into a piece recently though and sewed up a new pattern for my secret project and I am hooked! It is so soft, drapes beautifully and has such a lovely texture.

Read this great explanation about double gauze for more information.

And here is a sneak peek at my sewing using some gorgeous blue Heather Ross unicorns.

4 comments:

rachelmp said...

Your projects look great! I'm stuck with mine

Liam's Mummy said...

I'm using some of that fabric right now. It loves interfacing too.

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

So excited! When will we get to see more??

Karen said...

Oooh this looks great - is it coming our way soon???
Will give me an excuse to buy some double gauze!

Related Posts with Thumbnails