Monday 8 November 2010

.Christmas Wreaths.

Happy Monday!  No recipe for you this week, things have been busy, busy, busy and no time to cook!  Change of plans...Clare shared the BESTEST Rocky Road with us on the weekend.  I thought I made good Rocky Road, but this is better than any I have ever had before...so I'm linking to her Rocky Road recipe over at Clares Place today - thanks Clare!  (Oh, and it is so delicious it really needs a better name than just "Rocky Road"!!)

I've been writing THREE new patterns to get ready for Australian Quilt Market, which is coming up in just under two weeks.  Still got heaps to do though, so if the blog is a bit quiet for awhile, then that is why!  I'm really excited about these new patterns...am doing something a bit out of the ordinary for Make It Perfect and hopefully it will be something that you all enjoy!  So the rest of my week will be spent sewing and writing patterns and unfortunately there is not a lot I can share with you until closer to release date ;)

In the meantime, my mind has been working overtime thinking about all of the wonderful things I can make for Christmas, Annette shared heaps of inspirational images and ideas at our Stake Relief Society activity on the weekend and I really want to make a special wreath to hang on our front door this year.  

I really like wreaths wrapped in wool (yarn) and found this cool tutorial to help me out so hopefully when the preparation for Quilt Market has died down, I can start wrapping a wreath in wool!!  There are some cool yarn wreaths on Etsy to buy too...great for a bit of inspiration or if I can't be bothered making it yourself - I particularly like this store.

Ooh, and then there is the new advent calendar I want to make, presents I want to sew and the grand idea I have to go with a pink/red/green decorating scheme this year...yep, I really should have started thinking about this WAY before November!


5 comments:

JoyLeanne said...

LOVE! Thanks for the eye candy!

Kristy said...

Thanks for posting these great wreaths.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

This is a wonderful recap, so much inspiration. Thanks for taking the effort and time to compile it. I will bookmark it.

Clares Place said...

All the best for pattern writing! Rocky Road is now on the blog- you can use it for your post if you like! Great inspiration too!

Cathy said...

Thank you so much for using my PINK HEAVEN wreath on your blog. I'm glad you liked it enough to feature it in your post. I have no problem with anyone using my photos, as long as they ask permission first and give a link back to my website.

My wreaths have been featured in Romantic Homes and Romantic Country. I wouldn't want anyone to go to someone else website to purchase one and assume they were purchasing my "one-of-a-kind" themed wreaths.

Thank you for your understanding and have a Happy Holiday.

Cathy

Related Posts with Thumbnails