Sunday 11 September 2011

.Thermomix Cooking - Oat & Apricot Slice.

I'm on a bit of a health kick at the moment - trying to curb a few bad snacking habits and get myself ready for Summer!  I still love baking though and have been making a few things for Jaron and the kids to eat but recently came across this healthy recipe for Oat & Apricot slice that I can enjoy too!  It is really filling, full of lots of good for you ingredients and great for breakfast or lunch on the run with a piece of fruit or tub of yoghurt.  Of course, making them is a breeze in the Thermo - if you don't have a Thermo, just combine everything in a bowl with a wooden spoon!

(P.S. If you have any favourite healthy baking or snacking recipes or ideas - send them my way!)

Oat & Apricot Slice
170g wholemeal plain flour
1tsp baking powder
120g brown sugar
50g quick oats
15 chopped apricots
20g sunflower seeds
20g butter
2 small eggs, beaten

Combine butter and eggs in TMX, speed 8 for 4 seconds.

Add remaining ingrediends.  Knead on interval speed for 30 seconds to combine.
Press into a greased 20cm square tin and smooth top with back of spoon.
Bake in 170 degree oven for 25 minutes.
When completely cool, cut into 8 slices.

2 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh these Thermomix recipes are really make me want one!! Love Posie

Little Munchkins said...

That looks yummy!

My MIL got a recipe from a lady who came up with the recipe. She named it Awesome Slice - after her grandson who thinks they are awesome. I made it once and they are really yummy. Next time I make it, I will blog it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails