Monday 18 November 2013

.Harvey models: Mr Frog.

After lots of wearing the first time around, I knew that making a second set from this pattern would be a winner.
And the crazy frogs wearing glasses...I ordered the fabric, then it arrived, then I wasn't so sure, then I cut into it anyway and now I love it!  Really, you gotta make the most of being able to dress your boys in crazy prints because it doesn't last for long!
The pants pattern comes from Ottobre 3/2013, harem-style baggy pants called "Summer Sea Jersey Pants." They are incredibly comfortable, and lightweight. I like how the ribbing waistband with no added elastic is just tight enough to stay up without being restrictive. They work great over a bodysuit, but they wouldn't stay up if they were sitting directly on skin, you would have to make the ribbing a lot tighter or add a casing for elastic if you weren't planning on wearing a bodysuit underneath.
The bodysuit pattern is an old favourite from Ottobre 6/2012, "Kisuliini Raglan-Sleeve Bodysuit." Because of previous issues with the neck being too tight, I cut about 1/8" off the entire neckline before sewing on the binding. Way easier fix than adding in some kind of opening and snaps.

And like most of my knit fabrics, these come from Crafty Mamas too. Looks like there is still some of the froggy print in store if you are quick!

How cute is my little fatty? I could just squeeze and cuddle him all day...wait on, I do! This one's a total Mama's boy and doesn't like to let me out of his sight!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

So adorable - the outfit and Mr Harvey!

thingsforboys said...

another great outfit! He's soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

How is it possible he just gets cuter and cuter.
I was thinking how comfy this would be for an adult for P.Js.
Yes, I know it is weird to think that, but it would be so so comfy to wear to bed.
Love Auntie Lorraine.
xxx

Kelly Foster said...

Hi there,

I absolutely love these Harem Pants! I am in Australia and have been searching high and low for the Ottobre Harem Pant pattern.

Are you able to point me in the right direction so I can get my hands not he 3/2013 magazine with this pattern?

Thank you!

Kelly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails