My Harvey sewing has slowed down considerably now that he isn't growing as fast. (He turned ONE this week! I'll blog about it soon, but you can see some pics on Instagram if you're interested.) It's kind of nice knowing that what ever I sew him now should fit for the next year and not just a few months! I pulled out the size one hand-me downs from the boys last month and found that most of them have seen their day. Funny how you think they are still good when they are packed away but realise how faded, stretched and worn they are when you pull them out a few years later!
I sewed this top using a pattern from Ottobre 1/2011 called "White Rabbit". The neck is a bit tight though, if I can be bothered, I might take the binding off and widen it all a bit so that it isn't so hard to put on and take off! Instead of using ribbing for the arm cuffs and neckband, I just used jersey.
I hemmed this top using a mock coverstitch on my sewing machine, love how it looks and because it is thicker than a straight stitch (I usually use a triple straight stitch for hems) it doesn't seem to flip up as much as other hems do. The fabric is DinoBones from Lillestoff.
As usual, the Lillestoff fabric came from Crafty Mamas and I'm sewing with novelty prints as much as I can while he's small enough to pull them off!