The pattern was great, I had a few issues getting an even zig-zag stitch with the rubbery swimwear elastic I bought but it ended up okay in the end. My sewing machine doesn't sew well with cheap thread on any decorative stitches and I had no polyester navy blue thread in my stash so I ended up doing all of my topstitching with 100% cotton thread in order to get an even stitch...so I'm really hoping that it holds up in the elements! I don't really go swimming that much and I'm sure I will make myself a few more swim suits in the future so I think we will be okay! There are still a few areas of skipped stitches but they aren't noticeable enough to be an eyesore.
For future Bombshells, I wouldn't change much at all except increase the shape and support in the bust! I knew that I would like a pair of swimmers with good bust support but for this pair I pulled out some cups from an old pair of swimmers I had in my cupboard and they weren't very supportive at all!
I really like how modest this swimsuit is, it provides good coverage in all the right places and is comfortable to wear. Nothing worse that being at the beach in something that doesn't make you feel good! Plus, the extreme gathering on the side and back seams really helps to disguise parts of the body that aren't in such good shape!
Anyway, if you are wanting to sew swimwear for yourself, you should really try this pattern as a starter to help you get the feel for it. I didn't find the experience hard, but there were some parts where I didn't really get what was happening but just keep following the instructions and it all makes sense in the end!