I made this slice last week. It is similar to one they serve at the Raspberry Farm. Another one out of my Tupperware cookbook. (Yes, I use it alot!)
Raspberry-Studded Jam and Coconut Slice
2c plain flour
1/2c caster sugar
1/2tsp vanilla essence
1c apricot or raspberry jam
2c dessicated coconut
1/4c caster sugar
1/2 punnet fresh raspberries (I used frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius. Line slice tray with baking paper.
2. Melt butter in the microwave. Allow to cool slightly.
3. Sift the flour into a bowl and stir in the sugar. Using a spatula, slowly mix in the melted butter and vanilla until it looks like fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the egg and mix well. Knead until the dough is smooth.
4. Press into the base of the slice tray and bake for 10 mintutes or until lightly golden. Remove and set aside to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 160 degrees celcius.
5. Place the jam into the microwave, cover and microwave on medium for 2 minutes. Spread evenly over the base.
6. Combine the coconut, sugar and eggs in a bowl and arrange the mixture over the jam and press down gently.7. Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven and stud the top with raspberries. Return to the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into slices.