Monday 7 April 2008

.Recipe Monday.

This is one of our winter favourites. Quick to cook up too. I usually boil the drumsticks and then let them cool and shred the meat to add to the soup. This recipe was shared with me by my friend Kelly Peihopa and I always remember her stressing the importance of following the last few steps with exactness...so I have always done exactly as the recipe says and it always turns out beautifully!

Chicken and Corn Soup

1T butter
1 medium onion, diced
4 cups fresh chicken stock
2 cups water
½ cooked chicken (or 4-6 drumsticks)
1 can creamed corn
3 heaped dessert spoons cornflour
2 shallotts, sliced
1 beaten egg

Genetly fry onion in butter until clear. Add 2 cups stock. Add diced/shredded chicken and bring to boil.
Add creamed corn and remainder of stock and water and bring to the boil.
Mix cornflour with a little water to form a thick paste.
Remove saucepan from heat, stir soup continuously and pour in cornflour mixture. Stir through completely. Add shallot and mix.
Lightly whisk eggs, pour into soup from a 2-foot height. Return to heat and stir for approximately 1 minute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, sounds yummy Toni. Love the direction 'pour into soup from a 2-foot height'!! Ha, that made me laugh! I'll be sure to follow exactly when I have a go!
Melissa

rob said...

Hi toni
hows things? just writing to let you know i met your mothers brother pres. parsens and I just want to tell you toni...you can tell your mother htat he is the nicest man i have ever met..he is so caring and just loves my family..i will tell you more when i get home..your uncle did a fabulous job at the funeral service of my dad and same with his wife..still in darwin and will be home on thursday with my mother..don't forget to come to sherris shower party at my house on the 20th april..i think just call mel and she will fill you in..
love jackie

Related Posts with Thumbnails