Took some pics this afternoon of the kids playing with the blocks covered from The Wood Man. I vowed to ONLY use scraps of scrapbook paper to cover them with - it took forever. Luckily we had 10 hours of no power for me to do it in!
They were really simple to do, just time consuming. I cut squares from scrapbook paper, glued them on with PVA glue. When that was dried I sanded the edges and gave them a coat of Mod Podge to seal and protect them.
We dropped into the Wood Man again this morning to pick up some letters I ordered last week. I wanted them to be as cheap as possible so we went with 3mm MDF. He could have cut them out of any fancy kind of wood though. He already has a few different alphabets already cut out to buy but most of them are upper-case and I wanted mine to look like the letters that Oscar and Lil are learning to write. I found a font on the computer I liked, printed it out, took it to him and voilla...a few days later we have two complete alphabets to play with! I'm thinking of covering the fronts of the letters in scrapbook paper like I did with the blocks, but not sure when that will happen!