Tuesday 11 January 2011

.Queensland Flood Relief Auction #1.

(Please scroll down for the auction information...) 
This auction is now CLOSED.  Thankyou for your generosity :)

I want to start EVERY post with THANKYOU!!  Seriously, you guys are awesome!  
There are so many wonderful women who are joining together to help raise money for this important relief.  
Carli and I are working hard replying to your emails and trying to make things as easy as possible for you.  The biggest question people have is, "how does an online auction work?"  Rather than give you written instruction, please refer to my first auction post below.  All auctions need to be live on blogs or Facebook by 9am on Monday 17th January, however you are more than welcome to start your auctions as soon as you like.  I know that many people are busy sewing and making bits and pieces so need until Monday to get things ready, but for those of you who have pre-made items to auction off, feel free to start your auctions as soon as you are ready.
We will start putting together the Master List of auctions in the next couple of days, so that people can head to your blog or Facebook page and start bidding.  Don't worry if your blog doesn't usually get a lot of traffic, we will be promoting the auctions up until Monday 24th January.  
If you have contacted me already but not heard anything, please email me again and I'll send you the relevant information.  Remember, it isn't too late to join in.  If you would like to participate in the auction, email me for more information!

Okay, on with this auction...

For my first auction, I will be selling a SIGNED copy of my recently released book, MAKE IT PERFECT.  I am more than happy to include a personalised message made out to yourself or a specified person.

Along with with book, you will receive THREE pairs of CHILL OUT SLIPPERS.  These slippers are the exact same ones that are photographed in the book!  
Sizes are as follows:
Womens slippers - fits size 7-81/2
Boys slippers - fits age 4-5 years
Girls slippers - fits age 4-5 years
For those of you who do not know about my book, it is a hard-cover book made up of 21 easy patterns for women's and children's clothing.  You can read more about my book here and here.
As for the Chill Out Slippers - I love 'em!  They are soft and cosy, perfect for resting your feet after a long day.  Great to use as house shoes to keep your feet snug and clean. 
How this auction works:
1.  Bidding will start at $30 (Australian).
2.  You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address.  Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.  
3.  Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.
4.  This auction is open to everyone, however $35 will be charged for International addresses.  Postage is FREE for Australian residents.
5.  The auction begins NOW and will END at midnight on Monday 24th January 2011.
6.  At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please make sure your bid comment includes your email address).  The winner will pay the winning amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send me proof of payment via email.  Once proof of payment has been received, I will post your book and slippers to you.
7.  Thankyou for participating and happy bidding!

20 comments:

Bron said...

I will Kick off with $35.
thebassettfamily4@bigpond.com

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

You beauty, I'm no 2.
$40.
bonjourmate@hotmail.com

Chantal said...

Thanks for the clear instructions! $45 chantal_j@hotmail.com

Evelyne said...

What a beautiful gesture - I'll bid - $50.00
send2eve@bigpond.net.au

Becky said...

$100
beckyetal@hotmail.com
(and thanks for everything you are doing)

Anonymous said...

This is such a fantastic idea and thank-you for donating such wonderful items for auction. I will bid $55.

Cheers Angela
apaynter@deloitte.com.au

Anonymous said...

I have just been out bid simultaneously! I will up the bid to $110.

Cheers Angela
apaynter@deloitte.com.au

Brea said...

I Bid $150

ashnbreabreanne@bigpond.com

Brea said...

oops! wrong email for my bid.
ashnbreanne@bigpond.com

Anonymous said...

I'll Bid $180. Cheers

beckmay@internode.on.net

Brea said...

$200

ashnbreanne@bigpond.com

The Kings said...

up to $200!! Wow!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up. I will also set up an auction at my blog. Great to have a small way to contribute.
Regards,
Alison
lallalliving.blogspot.com

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh how glorious is all this going, i'll put up my donation tomorrow, but put up the details so wishing for more people to join in. Congratulations, love Posie
http://posiepatchworkblog.blogspot.com/

Farmers Wifey said...

What an amazing idea. I would love to participate but I do not trust our dodgy satellite internet service that is crappy at best...Would you mind if I put the pink auction button on my blog to let people know what is happening?

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great idea and gorgeous gifts being auctioned.
$210
rjarcher@yahoo.com

Pepper B said...

This is fantastic!

I bid $220
ponderova@bigpond.com

Karen said...

I bid $300.

What a wonderful gesture Toni :)

Karen said...

whoops I forgot my email

My bid is $300.

auskarenj@hotmail.com

The Kings said...

nice bid BB!!!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails